TOUR ITINERARY BUDDHIST SPECIAL : BRIEF ITINERARY
- Day I - Departure Delhi (Delhi Safdarjung Station in the afternoon) for Gaya.
- Day II - Arrive Gaya in the morning. Visit Bodhgaya. Over night stay at the hotel.
- Day III - Visit Rajgir & Nalanda. Departure for Varanasi in the evening.
- Day IV - Arrive Varanasi in the morning. Visit Sarnath. Visit the Ganges for the evening Aarti. Departure for Gorakhpur in the evening.
- Day V/VI - Arrive Gorakhpur in the morning. Visit Kushinagar/Lumbini. Overnight stay at hotel. Breakfast at hotel, Sightseeing. Lunch at hotel. Return to Gorakhpur. Departure for Gonda.
- Day VII - Arrive Gonda in the morning. Visit Sravasti. Departure Gonda for Agra in the evening.
- Day VIII - Arrive Agra in the morning. Visit Taj Mahal. Departure for Delhi in the afternoon.
- Arrive Delhi (Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station) in the evening.
TOUR DATES (Commencement from Delhi)
February 2016 :- 13th, 27th
March 2016 :- 12th, 26th
Charter trips also available on request.
Tariff Plan : 2015 - 16
|Class of Travel||Oct 2015 to Mar 2016 (Per Night/Per person)||Full Tour (Per person)|
|AC- First Class||US $ 165||US $ 155|
|AC – 2 Tier||US $ 135||US $ 945|
|AC – 3 Tier Class||US $ 115||US $ 805|
|AC First Coupe||US $ 165 + (USD 150 Per Pax for Partial/Full Tour)||US $ 1305|
- 1. First AC Coupe consist only two passengers sharing a cabin during the train journey.
- 2. Tour costs mentioned above are based on per person per night on twin sharing.Half fare for children between 5 and 12 years
of age with bed in the same room(Age proof of children is to be furnished, which is required at the time of issuance of tickets)
- 3. The above rates are subject to change on the basis of currency fluctuation.4/22/2010
- 4. IRCTC would be pleased to offer you very attractive rates for Pre & Post Train Tour Arrangements such as - Airport Hotel, Transfer,Hotel Accommodation in Delhi,Sightseeing in Delhi etc.
Hotel Single Occupancy : Passenger who would like to have Single occupancy i.e. do not wish to share the room with anyone else should choose the option at the time of booking by paying additional amount of US$ 50 per night or US$ 200 for the full tour.
- Single Occupancy is not be applicable for Train journey.
- 5. Allocation of side Berths in AC 2 Tier Coaches :
- AC 2 Tier Side Berths will be allocated on ‘First Come First Served Basis’. In case, side berths are not vacant, IRCTC reserved
- rights to allocate inner cabin berths in AC 2 Tier coaches to passengers who have requested for side berths. In such cases,
- standard charges i.e USD 130 per person per night would be applicable.
- Similarly, in the event of non availability of the inner cabin berths in AC 2 Tier coach, side berths would be allocated to the passengers who have requested for inner berths in AC 2 Tier. In such cases, standard charges of AC 2 Tier Side Berths i.e USD 110 per person per night would be applicable.
- Journey by Exclusive Air-conditioned Train as per the Itinerary.
- Road transport by AC coaches as per the itinerary.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation as per the itinerary.
- Meals as per the itinerary.
- English / Hindi speaking Tour Escort.
- Entrance fees of monuments/sightseeing trips as per the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance.
- India and Nepal visa fees
- Items of personal nature, e.g. Laundry, Medicine, Alcoholic drinks etc.
- Road Transfers to and from Delhi-Safdarjung Railway Station.
- Hotel stay in Delhi before & after the trip, air ticket, visa charges etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in Package Price Includes.
- Fees for Still/ Flash Video camera at the monuments and other places.
- India is tropical country with different and extreme climatic conditions which are witnessed from month to month. It is advisable to carry clothes suitable to a tropical climate and medium & heavy woollens during winter time.
Time difference – India follows + 05:30hrs (GMT)
|No. of days before commencement of Trip*||Total Deductions|
|45 Days and above(excluding departure date)||10% of the Package cost.|
|Within a period of 44 to 15 Days (excluding departure date)||25% of the package cost|
|Within a period of 14 to 7 Days (excluding of Departure Date)||50% of the package cost|
|Within the period of 7 Days or before the scheduled date of departure||100% of the package cost|
|*Excluding the day of start of journey.|
Partial Tour of Buddhist Circuit Special Train:-
- The Cut-off (end of IRCTC services) and Reporting Time (commencement of IRCTC services) for the tourist availing partial journey (less than 7 nights) on the Buddhist Circuit Special Train would be 1900 Hrs at Railway station / Hotel. Tourists who wish to join group before 1900 Hrs or extend the tour beyond 1900 Hrs have to pay the charges for an additional night over and above the total number of nights opted for.
- The accommodation booked under this ticket is not transferable.
- The voucher is to be carried by the passenger during the journey along with the above photo identity card in original and is valid only when presented with this photo identity card. If the relevant photo identity card is not accompanied with this voucher, it will be considered as ticket-less travel and treated accordingly.
- The exact train timings are subject to minor modifications. All the travelling passengers must reconfirm the timings with IRCTC, corporate office before the start of their journey.
- This voucher is to be carried by the passenger during the journey along with the above photo identity card in original and is valid only when presented with this photo identity card.If the relevant photo identity card is not accompanied with this voucher, it will be considered as ticket-less travel and treated accordingly.
- . On demand from ticket checking staff the passenger should produce this voucher along with the above mentioned photo identity card.
- Visa Clauses :-
- a. It may be noted that due to recent change in visa rules, travelers having multiple entry Indian visa on their passport may not be allowed to re-enter India (within Two months) after their Lumbini visit (as per this program).Travelers having double entry Indian visa will only be allowed to re-enter India after their Lumbini visit.
- Travelers are requested to recheck with Indian visa issuing authorities in their respective countries to have the appropriate visa enabling them travel to Lumbini and return to India. Travelers must present their travel itinerary to the visa issuing authorities at the time of visa application.
- b. Travelers are requested to recheck with Indian visa issuing authorities in their respective countries to have the appropriate visa enabling them travel to Lumbini and return to India. Travelers must present their travel itinerary to the visa issuing authorities at the time of visa application.
- c. All Foreign Tourists other than Indian Passport Holders must obtain a valid Indian visa allowing them to visit Nepal (as per the tour itinerary) during the tour and come back to India to complete the tour. All foreign tourists must recheck with visa section at the Indian Embassy / Indian Consulate / Visa Processing authority in their respective countries for the appropriate visa (Double Entry or Multiple Entry) as per their travel program.
- d. All Foreign Tourists other than Indian Passport Holders must have valid Nepal visa. In case foreign tourists are unable to process their Nepal visa before joining the tour, IRCTC will facilitate visa processing at the entry post. Such passengers should carry 2 passport size photographs with them.The visa fees if any will be paid by the passengers directly.
- e. Indian Nationals must carry a government issued photo identity card (passport, driving license, PAN card etc.) for Nepal visit.
- IRCTC reserves the right to refuse booking or travel of any passenger without assigning any reason.
- No refund or adjustment will be made in the event of interruption / non-use of full or any part of the tour or tour service by a tourist on his own after the commencement of the tour or closure of a sightseeing place or monument due any unknown reasons or closure on account of the decision /order of the local municipal administration /any other government authority / unforeseen events, circumstances, situations etc.
- . In case any sightseeing being missed on account of the delay in local transportation buses / train due to the reasons beyond our control, no refund shall be made.
- Being a group tour, passengers would be required to share the bus / buses and train accommodation with other passengers. In case any passenger / passengers wish to travel in separate bus/buses, he/she should inform IRCTC at least one month in advance. IRCTC would try to make appropriate arrangement for which passenger / passengers would be required to make additional payment. For the smooth operation of the tour, passengers would need to adhere to the instructions given by the Tour Manager from time to time.
- As per the tour program, this tour involves few long road journeys also. Due to inadequate infrastructure (toilets etc.) en-route, passengers may get little uncomfortable. However, efforts will be made to give breaks at the appropriate places and as & when required by the tourists.
- Train / Road journey time may exceed the expected travel time due to unforeseen circumstances such as traffic jams, break down of buses etc. This may result in late meal service, shortened / late/or no sightseeing etc.
- Meals in hotels and on train are of pre-fixed menus and are generally decided keeping the palate of the overall tourists. Menus according to the specific preferences would not be possible.
- As per the tour itinerary, hotel rooms at certain places are only provided for wash & change purpose. Passengers should not expect rooms to given to them for longer duration. Check-in at hotel rooms at certain places may be delayed to the due delay from hotel in providing the rooms.
- AC First class – has cabins with 4 berths (two lower & two upper). The cabins can be locked from inside as it has a
AC First class Coupe – has cabins with 2 berths (one lower & one upper). The cabins can be locked from inside as it has a sliding door
AC Two Tier –has open cabins with 6 seats (Four on one side of the pathway and two on other side). Four seats cabin has two lower & two upper berths. The cabin does not have door and instead has a curtain. Two Seats (one lower & one upper) are on the other side of the pathway. These two seats also have curtains.
AC Two Tier (Inner Berth) -has open cabins with 4 seats on one side of the pathway. Four seats cabin has two lower & two upper berths. The cabin does not have door and instead has a curtain.
AC Two Tier (Side berth) - has open cabins with 8 seats (Six on one side of the pathway and two on other side). Six seats cabin has two lower, two middle & two upper berths. This cabin neither has door nor a curtain. Two Seats (one lower & one upper) are on the side of the pathway.
There is a limited storage place inside the train. The luggage can be placed under the seats / berths while on train. Hence, passengers are advised to travel with minimum luggage.
- Passengers are required to take care of their luggage / belongings themselves. IRCTC will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any of the luggage / belongings at the Railway Stations / Train / Bus / Hotels etc.
- It is the responsibility of the tourist to carefully read and fully understand all the terms and conditions / services to be offered / type of services to be offered etc. of this tour before making booking. In case of any doubts / clarifications, the same should be cleared with IRCTC before making the booking.
- The journeys are well planned in advance. We reserve the right to make changes to the programme if necessary at any point
of time. Should the minimum number of passengers not be met or due to certain operational reasons & conditions, we reserve
the right to cancel the departure or amend the same. Most of the changes made by us would be minor, but on certain occasions
there could be possibility of making significant change. A change is defined as significant if it involves change of date or
destination. In such an eventuality, we would inform the passengers on the contact details given by them in their booking forms.
In such cases, we would inform you as soon as possible and provide you following solutions :
(a) Accepting the changed arrangements or transferring your tour to another available tour date.
(b) Cancelling or accepting the cancellation where you will receive a refund of payment without interest remitted to us. However, there will be no refund of any service such as pre /post tour accommodation, airline tickets, visa charges etc. that have been booked by you and /or your travel agent.